Below are the pros and cons of the electric and gas furnace.
Pros of Electric Furnace
- Units are more affordable than gas units.
- They are quiet compared to a gas furnace.
- The lifespan is typically 20 to 30 years. This is usually double that of the gas furnace.
- Repairs are much simpler with an electric furnace. Repairs will usually cost less than with a gas furnace.
Cons Of Electric Furnace
- Electric furnaces are less energy efficient than gas furnaces.
Pros of Gas Furnace
- The gas furnace is more effective at heating than an electric furnace.
- More energy efficient than electric.
Cons of Gas Furnaces
- A gas furnace costs more than an electric furnace.
- Shorter lifespan and more noisy than an electric furnace.
- Must be installed by a professional installer which adds to the cost.
- Possible issues such as carbon monoxide poisoning and accidental fires may result if not installed properly.
- Electric Furnace Learning Center Here